Don’t get caught with sudden, costly repairs. Keep a close eye on your roof and learn how to spot problems before they severely impact your wallet with these 7 danger signs.
- Leaking in Attic (interior): After you are hit by a strong storm, which in Oklahoma during the Spring or thunderstorm during the summer, go up in your attic once in a while. This will be one of the first places that leaking will occur.
- Stains on Walls or Ceilings (interior): Have you ever seen stains on your walls or ceiling? If so, that is probably because water is seeping into your house. There are many different places that your roof could be allowing this in but it can eventually lead to mildew or mold growth.
- Chipping or Peeling paint/wallpaper (interior or exterior): When moisture gets into your walls it can be from a water leak, or also attic ventilation.
- Missing Granules: (exterior): As your asphalt shingles decay, the small granules that make up each shingle will start to fall off. How do you check for this? The best way to check for this is annually looking in your gutters. This is where a buildup will occur.
- Missing Shingles: (exterior): A few missing shingles here and there isn’t the end of the world as they are fairly easy to replace. But, if it happens more and more frequently it could be a sign that your roof is failing.
- Climbing Energy Costs:When your roof starts to fail, outside air will make its way into your home. During the winter that means your heater needs to work extra hard and during the summer your A/C needs to keep up with this additional factor. If your energy costs seem to be rising, your roof could be to blame.
Also check for:
- Roof age
- Shingles that are curling or buckling
- Daylight showing through roof boards
- & more
After noticing that you need roofing help, you are halfway done. Now, it is time to choose a contractor to help. Action Roofing and Windows is at your service, Call Us Now at 405-886-4556